LEADS Canada and the Canadian College of Health Leaders are pleased to offer a new intake for certification as a LEADS Coach.
LEADS Certification is valid for two years and includes:
- Participation in two (2) x two two-hour training webinars on debriefing the LEADS 360 Assessments (attendance is required for certification). The webinars are scheduled for the following dates:
- April 16, 2018 - 2PM - 4PM (EST)
- April 18, 2018 - 2PM - 4PM (EST)
- Access to all individual and group debrief materials (PowerPoint and workbooks).
- Working tools and templates for the organizational LEADS 360 Aggregate Report Interpretation.
- Your profile on the LEADS Canada website (clients are referred to this website to select their LEADS Coach).
- Access to the moderated LEADS Community for Practice for LEADS Coaches (which includes access to discussion forums, research and resources).
- Electronic (pdf) copy of the LEADS booklet
Eligibility to apply includes:
- Knowledge of and experience with the LEADS in a Caring Environment leadership capabilities framework (for example, the Royal Roads University Coaching with LEADS course or attendance at a LEADS Learning Series).
- Certified Coach qualifications (ICF ACC level or equivalent)
To apply, please submit:
- Documentation detailing your knowledge and experience with LEADS (for example, completion of the RRU 'Coaching with LEADS' course or completion of a LEADS Learning Series)
- Documentation of your coaching certifications
- $550.00 (this includes a non-refundable $50.00 application fee)
- Application submission deadline is March 26, 2018 (11:59 PM)
You will be notified of acceptance for LEADS Certification within two weeks of the application deadline. If you are not accepted, you will be reimbursed the $500.00. Once accepted, you will be provided with the links to register for BOTH two-hour webinars.
Why become a Certified LEADS Coach?
As a Certifed LEADS Coach, you will be qualified to debrief the LEADS 360 Assessment. The LEADS 360 Assessment is a popular tool used in health care settings across Canada. The popularity of this tool is growing. Appropriate debriefing of the LEADS 360 Assessment is a requirement for clients purchasing a LEADS 360 Assessment. LEADS Canada provides these options for debriefing:
- Individual Debrief (90 minutes): by Skype or telephone
- Group Debrief: half-day face to face presentation
- Individual Debrief (30 minutes), available only in conjunction with the Group Debrief: by Skype or telephone
- Written Organizational LEADS 360 Aggregate Report Interpretation
As a certified LEADS Coach, you will be listed, with your bio, on the LEADS Canada website. LEADS Canada will assign the debriefings to the coaches and advise the individual client regarding their assigned coach. The client will be provided with a link to the coach profiles page on the website so they can review your profile. LEADS Canada will contact you to confirm your availability for the work, provide you with coachee contact information and the organization’s preferred debriefing window (usually a two week window in which to complete the debriefings). A PDF of the subject’s LEADS 360 Assessment report will be sent to you upon completion of the assessment process. Your role will be to coordinate a meeting time with the participant and to complete the debrief. You will then submit your invoice to the LEADS Canada for payment within two weeks of completing the debrief.
Certified LEADS Coaching rates are as follows:
Individual Debrief (90 minutes)
Individual Debrief (30 minutes)
LEADS Aggregate Report Interpretation
$1,500.00 - $2,500.00 (depending on number of levels in report)
Upon completion of the two webinars, you will enter into a licensing arrangement with the Canadian College of Health Leaders to provide LEADS coaching services based on the training and commitments that include:
- The legal and ethical obligations of codes of ethics of the International Coach Federation and the Canadian College of Health Leaders.
- Following confirmation of availability, honouring the timelines requested in the LEADS 360 process.
- Respecting the copyright and IP properties of the LEADS in a Caring Environment framework, the LEADS 360 Assessment tool, and related documents (copyright and IP belong to the Canadian College of Health Leaders).
- Commit to the Certified LEADS Coaching rates.
- Initial LEADS 360 Aggregate Report Interpretation(s) to be co-authored with an experienced certified LEADS Coach (at a reduced rate).
- Participate in the LEADS 360 Debriefing Evaluation process.
- Adherence to the CCHL Travel Expense Policy when required and to the LEADS 360 Assessment and Debriefing Policy and Procedure.
- Renewal of certification will be required every two-years to provide you with updates in debriefing practices, tools and materials.
This certification intake is available in English only.
For more information or application questions, please contact
Tracy Wightman, Manager, LEADS Learning and Development Programs