LEADS Coach Certification & Renewals
- Individual Debrief (90 minutes): by video conferencing or telephone
- Group Debrief: face to face presentation
- Individual Debrief (30 minutes), available only in conjunction with the Group Debrief: by video conferencing or telephone
How to Apply
- LEADS knowledge and experience (for example, ‘Coaching with LEADS’ course offered at Royal Roads University and/or attendance at a LEADS Learning Series). Applicants must provide proof of completion;
- Certified coach qualifications (ICF ACC level or equivalent). Applicants must provide proof of qualification;
- $550 (this includes a non-refundable $50 application fee); and
- Certified facilitation qualifications OR an ability to demonstrate executive level debriefing experience, organizational and strategic planning *FOR GROUP DEBRIEFINGS ONLY.
Submitting an application:
Applications are submitted online and are reviewed when a new intake for coaches is scheduled and promoted through LEADS Canada or the Canadian College of health Leaders (CCHL).
Following the submission deadline date, applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of their eligibility to participate in the certification process. This can take up to four weeks to process. Successful applicants will be provided with the registration link to register for the certification webinars. If an application is not accepted, the application will be reimbursed $500, minus the $50 administration fee.
The next scheduled intake will take place on April 6 and 20, 2020. Registrations now open.
LEADS Coach Certification Process
- Register for and attend two (2) x two-hour training webinars on:
- LEADS Individual Debrief training and process orientation;
- LEADS Aggregate Report interpretation;
- LEADS Coach consultant policy and procedures;
- Sign and submit a LEADS Coach licensing document ; and
- Submit their biography and photo for posting on the LEADS Canada website.
- The legal and ethical obligations of codes of ethics of the International Coach Federation and the Canadian College of Health Leaders;
- Following confirmation of availability, honouring the timelines requested in the LEADS 360 process;
- Respecting the copyright and IP properties of the LEADS in a Caring Environment framework, the LEADS 360 Assessment tool, and related documents (copyright and IP belong to the Canadian College of Health Leaders);
- Commit to the LEADS coaching rates;
- Initial LEADS 360 Aggregate Report Interpretation(s) to be co-authored with an experienced certified LEADS Coach (at a reduced rate);
- Participate in the LEADS 360 Debriefing Evaluation process;
- Adherence to the CCHL Travel Expense Policy when required and to the LEADS 360 Assessment and Debriefing Policy and Procedure; and
- Certification Renewal will be required every two (2) years to provide you with updates in debriefing practices, tools and materials.
Once certified and licensed, LEADS Certified Coaches are entitled to:
- All individual debriefing materials;
- Working tools and template for the organizational LEADS 360 Aggregate Report Interpretation;
- Their bio and contact information posted on the LEADS Canada website;
- Access to the LEADS Community of Practice; and
- One electronic (pdf) version of the LEADS booklet.
LEADS Coach Certification Renewal
LEADS Canada offers certification renewal webinars twice every year. They are scheduled the first Monday of every June and December. To prevent your LEADS Coach certification from expiring, you have the option to choose from the following scheduled dates:
|Monday, December 7th, 2020||REGISTER HERE|
|Monday, June 7th, 2021||REGISTER HERE|
|Monday, December 6, 2021||REGISTER HERE|
During this webinar, participants will be provided with:
- Any updates to the individual and group debrief materials;
- Any updates on working tools and templates for the organizational LEADS 360 Aggregate Report Interpretation;
- Any updates to the LEADS Coach policies and procedures;
- Instructions on accessing the LEADS Community for Practice (which includes access to discussion forums, research and resources);
- An opportunity to connect and network with other LEADS Coaches; and
- A mutually supportive environment to openly reflect upon and share your experience as a LEADS Coach
- Maintain a minimal ACC credential for the duration of the two year LEADS Coach certification;
- Must have provided a minimum of four (4) 360s debriefings during two years as a certified LEADS Coach;
- "Live" participation is mandatory at the two-hour webinar; and
- Payment of the 2-year licensing fee of $500 must be submitted upon registration for the webinar.
For more information, please contact Tracy Wightman, Manager, LEADS Learning and Development Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-363-9056 ext 232.